Sunday, August 18, 2013

Next Science Saturday and Apologies

The next Science Saturday is this Saturday, August 24, 2013.

We'll be making race cars out of recyclables and learning about gravity and equal and opposite reactions. You can make balloon racers, sail cars, or figure out how to make your car run using forms of energy (elastic, potential, etc). It'll be tons of fun! Bring your own recyclable or use some of the ones we'll bring.

Email me using the link on the left <<, and I can give you detailed information of Science Saturday.

In other news, I apologize for taking a little bit of a blogging break. We still have been doing science at our house. I have two lessons half way composed. Hopefully, one of them will make it to the blog by the end of the week.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! I'll read your blog whenever you're around - no need to apologize!

    Can't wait to bring my kids to your Science Saturdays in a couple months :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maryanne! Exciting! September will most likely be the afternoon of 14th. We'll be doing paper airplanes. October will be Halloween related (TBD) mid-to-late October. Candy pumpkin catapults were a big hit last year. Then we take a little break due to unpredictable weather and holidays. I might not be able to get back to Science Saturdays next year until June. It's looking to be an already busy 2014. I might look into an indoor venue for Jan and February. Of course, we do science almost weekly at our house, so you're more than welcome to join us informally.

      Delete